A Message from the General Manager- Lots to do in June in Cameron Park
Warm weather is back, there’s more daylight into the evening, and school’s out . . . it must be June! Before we’re too far into the month, let’s look at a check list that could be the start of a great summer.
- Go swimming at the Cameron Park Community Pool – rec swim begins June 6th.
- Visit Royal Park on Country Club Drive – this park has an improved trail and is a great place for a short hike. Check it out!
- Go to the Summer Spectacular – it’s back! It starts at 4 pm Saturday, June 25th at Cameron Park Lake and includes live music, a Fun Zone, food trucks, adult beverages, and our awesome fireworks show. $10 admission for ages 4 and up.
- Clear the weeds, vegetation, and other fuels away from your home – yup, time to do this for your home and family. Create a defensible space and be fire safe.
- Listen to good music – whatever your genre, play them tunes and enjoy!
- Have a cold one – nothing says summer like a big ol’ iced tea or your choice of adult beverage.
- Eat some ice cream – whatever your favorite flavor, single or double scoop, treat yourself to some with family and friends. I dare you not to smile.
- Celebrate the Summer Solstice – according to my sundial it’s on June 21st . . . bring on summer!
- Turn off your mobile phone for a day – Why? Because there’s a great summer ahead. Place that device in a drawer and go do something fun, productive or both! It will be there waiting for you when the day is done (do this and get another ice cream!). Repeat as needed.
Cameron Park Lake will be closed ALL DAY June 24th, 25th and 26th for the Summer Spectacular Event.
Say “Aloha” to summer at our Summer Kick-Off Event on Saturday, June 4th! This event will be held at the CSD Community Pool from 6pm-8:30pm. The event is FREE to attend, and light refreshments will be sold. Cash only. No registration in advance required.
Have you purchased your wristbands to Summer Spectacular?! We are less than a month away! Join us at Cameron Park Lake, June 25th at 4pm for live music from Fast Times and Rock Monsterz, Food Trucks including, Authentic Street Taco, Bacon Mania, Bangin’ Bowls, Hefty Gyros, Kiki’s Food Truck and Rainbow Snow! Hang out in our Fun Zone for BOTH kids and adults which feature giant water slides and an inflatable axe throwing game! Grab a cold adult beverage at our Beer Garden that features wine, margaritas and draft beer from Moonraker Brewing Company!
A special thank you to our sponsors for helping make this event happen! Shout out to American Eagle Roofing for the very generous sponosorship to help fund the fireworks!
Reminder: Wristbands must be purchased in advance on our website, in the front office or over the phone. Wristbands will be mailed directly to you. If you purchase wristbands after June 17th, please bring proof of purchase to the event gates for entry. Purchase wristbands here.
Recreation Swim starts June 6th! The pool will be open Sunday through Thursdays, 1pm-4pm, Friday 6-8:30pm and Saturday’s 1-4pm! Except June 11th, the pool will be open 6-8:30pm. Free to annual pass holders or $6 per person. To purchase your day passes, click here.
Aquabody Strong Classes are back! Are you looking for a workout class that is fun, yet challenging, that will build endurance and strength? Then this class is for you! Classes start June 7th and will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. $8 a class and get $2 off if you’re an annual pass holder!
First session of Swim Lessons starts June 13th! We are offering 4 sessions throughout the Summer; each include 8 30-minute sessions for $68. We are offering multiple small group classes between 10:30am-12:10pm and 4:30pm-6:00pm. To register, click here.
Deep Water Exercise: New hours! Starting June 6th, classes will be held Monday and Wednesday, 7-8pm and Friday, 10am-11am.
Lap Swim: New hours! Starting June 6th, lap swim will be Monday through Friday, 6pm-7pm and Sundays, 7am-8am.
NEW! The CSD has partnered with Clark Woods for a Youth Basketball Camp! Camp will run June 27th to the 30th from 8am to 1pm! This camp is designed for youth and teens ages 8-16 years old and will include skill building, drills, instruction, games, and all things basketball! $180 for the week. To register, click here!
Skyhawk Camps are back! Starting June 20th, we will be offering sport camps all summer long for soccer, baseball, volleyball, flag football, basketball, and Mini-Hawk camp! Times, age groups and program fees vary. For camp specifics, click here.
New Ballet Session starts June 1st and 3rd! The CSD offers three different levels of Ballet classes, Baby Ballet, Pre-Ballet and Ballet I! Click here to view more class details and registration!
Looking for a new hobby for yourself and your child? Try out Taekwondo classes at the Cameron Park Family Taekwondo Academy! It is only $89 for a two-month trial!! This deal is only offered through the CSD. For more information and registration, click here.
Cool off this Summer with the CSD! Look below for the classes and programming we have scheduled! Register for programs on our website or come into the office! Click here to register.
- Modified Zumba, Monday & Thursday, 9-10am
- Tai Chi for Health, Tuesdays @ 9-10am or Thursdays @ 7-8pm
- Deep Water Exercise, Monday & Wednesday, 9-10am
- Senior Social, Tuesday & Thursday, 10am-2pm
- Quilters Club, Wednesdays , 9am-12pm
SENIOR NUTRITIONAL LUNCHES- It's back in person!
The CPCSD Community Center remains one of the serving locations for the El Dorado County Senior Nutrition Program. To participate in this lunch option, please follow this procedure:
- Contact the Senior Nutrition program at (530) 621-6160 to reserve your meal. You must call before 9:00am on the day you wish to pick up your meal.
- If you are leaving a message, please provide your full name, phone number, and the site where you want to pick up your meal. (Cameron Park Community Center).
- Meals can be picked up between 11:00 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- You will be required to sign for your lunch.
Cameron Park Lake Kiosk- The Kiosk at Cameron Park Lake will no longer be accepting credit cards, effective immediately. We will be accepting cash or Annual Passes. Thank you for your understanding.
A Message from the CC&R Department:
The sun is out, it’s time to get out and play! We want to remind you that RV’s, boats and other toys will need to be stored properly when taking them in and out for the season. Most CC&Rs require, “Any and all trailered boats and RV’s” are to be stored off site or behind the fence line where it is not visible from roadways and do not impede on your neighbors. You are welcome to temporarily stage your trailers/boats/etc. before and after a trip, but make sure it is within your CC&Rs to avoid violations.
If you are looking to get any home improvement projects done, please contact the ARC Department to see if you are required to get a review. An unapproved project may be subject to removal if it is not within your CC&R allowance. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 530-677-2231 ext. 122.
We look forward to a great summer season and we appreciate your help in keeping Cameron Park a special place to live!
Cameron Park Library:
Looking for something to do indoors to hide from the summer heat? Check out the Cameron Park Library events and programs! First event is June 8th at 10:30am with a Wild Things Wildlife Presentation! View the calendar to see the fun you can have in the month of June at the Library!June Calendar for Library
El Dorado Disposal:
- CC&R Meeting: Monday, June 6th at 5:30pm
- Park & Recreation Meeting: Monday, June 6th at 6:30pm
- Fire & Emergency Services Meeting: Tuesday, June 7th at 5:30pm.
- Budget & Administration Meeting: Tuesday, June 7th at 6:30pm
- Board of Directors Meeting: Wednesday, June 15th at 6:30pm