Solid Waste and Recycling
The Cameron Park Community Services District manages the relationship with waste companies on behalf of Cameron Park residents. The District’s responsibilities for Solid Waste and Recycling are as follows:
- Review proposals, negotiate contracts and oversee the general execution of the waste disposal service,
- Monitor compliance with the Service Ordinance
- Coordinate and manage community events such as Community Clean-Up Days and the Christmas Tree Chipping Program.
Our current Solid Waste services are provided through a Solid Waste Franchise Agreement with Waste Connections of California, Inc. dba El Dorado Disposal valid through Feb 2023. Please visit their website for specific service information at www.eldoradodisposal.com, or contact them by phone at (530) 626-4141.
The Cameron Park Community Services District also promotes continued recycling and source reduction within the district. Please refer to the Residential Service Guide for more information on recycling with El Dorado Disposal.
El Dorado Disposal App is available for Apple and Android:
- Biweekly curbside collection. If a resident frequently generates more waste than one green can will accommodate, a second can may be added to your service in most cases at no additional monthly cost.
- Each year, residents receive green waste vouchers from El Dorado Disposal. These vouchers allow for scheduled for pick-up of green waste sacks at the resident’s convenience. Green waste paper sacks (to be purchased at local hardware stores) will replace plastic bags, which are no longer permitted. Up to thirty compostable lawn/leaf bags will be allowed at each pick-up.
- District sponsored Community Cleanup Days are suspended due to COVID. Stay tuned for future dates when COVID restrictions will allow for such an event. During these events, residents may bring unlimited yard waste on designated days. Some restrictions apply.
Household Hazardous Waste
The facility is now open by APPOINTMENT ONLY; appointments can be made by calling (530) 621-5300 or emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will be provided a confirmation code allowing them to drop their HHW off.