June 2023 E- Newsletter
COMMUNITY OUTREACH SURVEY
The Cameron park Community Service District and Recreation Services is seeking community feedback! Your feedback will help Recreation Services as we make financial and program decisions moving into the next fiscal year. Tell us how we are doing, what you love, and what you want more of!
Click here to take our short survey!
SUMMER ACTIVITY GUIDE
Our spring activity guide is ready to view! Our electronic only version is available on our website under the Recreation Section or click the link below!
Summer Kick Off Event (May 27th)
- We're kicking off the summer with fun in the pool! This event will feature food vendors, and our first annual carboard boat race! This event is FREE to Annual Pass holders or $6 per person. Event starts at 1:00 pm and ends at 5:00 pm. See you there!
Movie in the Park (June 9th)
- Join us at Christa McAuliffe for a family movie night! This event is FREE to attend, so grab your family and some cozy blankets for a night under the stars and in front of the big screen! Popcorn will be available for purchase, CASH ONLY! The event will start at 7:30 pm with the movie beginning at 8:15 pm.
Summer Spectacular (June 24th)
The largest event of the year is almost here! The Cameron Park Summer Spectacular is right around the corner! Enjoy the kid's zone, refreshments, food vendors, beer garden, and live music! End the evening with the most amazing fireworks show in the area!
- IMPORTANT: Gates open at 4:30 pm with music starting at 5:00 pm. NO FIREWORKS, HARD ALCOHOL, OR ICE CHESTS LARGER THAN A 6 CAN COOLER.
- ENTRY FEE: Wristbands get you entry into the event and access to all activities. Wristbands are $15 per person. Children under 3 are free. Advanced purchase is recommended. NO TRANSACTIONS AT GATE.
- Parking: Park your car and take a FREE shuttle to the event. Event parking will take place at the Cameron Park Airpark off Oxford Road and Fairway Drive.
Summer Kids Camp
Mad Science Camp (Camps - $185)
June 12 - June 16 420421 04
- Science Rockstars Camp, M - F, 1 pm - 4 pm, Ages 6 - 12, Cameron Park CSD Assembly Hall
July 17 - July 21 420421 05
- EUREKA! - The Inventors' Camp, M - F, 1 pm, Ages 6 - 12, Cameron Park CSD Assembly Hall
National Academy of Athletics ( Camps $179) Activity Code - 125102
Week 1 ( June 5 - 9)
- Jr. Academy All Sports Camp, M - F, Ages 9 am - 12 pm, Christa McAuliffe Park
Week 2 (June 12 - 16)
- Pickleball Camp, M - F, 12 pm - 3 pm, Ages 7 - 13, Cameron Park Lake
Week 3 (June 19 - 23)
- No Camp
Week 4 (June 26 - 30)
- Jr. Academy Tee Ball Camp, M - F, 9 am - 12 pm, Ages 4 - 6, Christa McAuliffe Park
- Baseball/Softball Camp, M - F, 9 am - 12 pm, Ages 7 - 13, David West Park
Week 5 (July 3 - 7)
- No Camp
Week 6 (July 10 - 14)
- Jr. Academy All Sports Camp, M - F, 9 am - 12 pm, Ages 4-6, Christa McAuliffe Park
- All Sports Camp, M - F, 9 am -12 pm, Ages 7 - 13, Christa McAuliffe Park
Week 7 (July 17 - 21)
- Cheer & Dance Camp, M - F, 9 am - 12 Pm, Ages 7- 13, Christa McAuillfe Park
Week 8 (July 24 - 28)
- Jr. Academy Soccer Camp, M - F, 9 am - 12 pm, Ages 4 - 6, Christa McAullife Park
- Soccer Camp, M - F, 9 am - 12 pm, Ages 7 - 13, Christa McAuliffe Park
Come enjoy the water during the summer months! Our pool is open for daily recreational swimming starting June 5th through August 6th. See hours listed below. Free for annual pass holders and children under 3.
Monday - Thursday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Friday: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
**June 10th, 17th, July 15th, July 30th - 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Recreational Swim will be closed on the following dates: July 4th, July 28th, July 29th
Looking for a low impact, full-body workout? Lap swimming is the perfect exercise for you. Register on our website to reserve a lane. $4 registration fee. $2 discount for annual pass holders.
440403-15 M Th 5:30 am - 6:30 am
440403-15a Sun 7:00 am - 8:00 am
*No lap swim July 4th & July 30th
Aqua Body Strong Water Fitness
This class is for anyone 16 years of age or older. This class is a fun, challenging class that will building strength and endurance. $8 registration fee. $2 discount for annual pass holders.
340442-04 T/Th 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
*No class on July 4th
Youth Swim Lessons
Each two-week session includes eight (8), 25-Minute classes, which run Monday through Thursday in consecutive weeks. Classes are available in the morning and evening.
Session 1: June 5th - June 15th ($72)
Session 2: June 19th - June 29th ($72)
Session 3: July 3rd - July 13th ($63)
*No lessons on July 4th
Session 4: July 17th - July 27th ($72)
Session 5 (one week): July 31st - August 3rd ($36)
Cooking with Kids
Little Chefs World offers hands on cooking instructions. Culinary skills, along with kitchen and food safety will be incorporated into each class. New recipes are curated each week for our classes. Students will create a meal or dessert for each class that they can enjoy in class and bring home to share with friends and family. Please bring $50 for the material fee to the first class.
121002-14 Tu 6/6-6/27 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Cameron Park CSD Kitchen ($120)
Soccer Shots offers three different programs to meet the development needs of children aged 2 - 8. To register for the Soccer Shots program click the link to visit their website: Soccer Shots. *Please note that there is a $30 annual enrollment fee which includes a soccer shots jersey.
Soccer Shots Mini:
(Ages 2-3), Christa McAuliffe Park
Tuesdays 5/30 - 7/25* 4:45 pm - 5:15 pm ($200)
Tuesdays 5/30 - 7/25* 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
*No class 7/4
Soccer Shots Classic:
(Ages 3 - 5), Christa McAuliffe Park
Tuesdays 5/30 - 7/25* 4:45 pm - 5:20 pm ($200)
Tuesdays 5/30 - 7/25* 5:30 pm - 6:05 pm ($200)
Tuesdays 5/30 - 7/25 6:15 pm - 5:60 pm ($200)
*No class 7/4
Soccer Shots Premier
(Ages 5 - 8), Christa McAuliffe Park
Tuesdays 5/30 - 7/25 6:15 pm - 6:55 pm ($200)
*No class 7/4
Girls dress in pink ballet slippers and a black leotard. Boys, dress in a white shirt, black shorts and black ballet slippers. Please no tutus or skirts. ($66)
(Ages 1 - 3)
Baby Ballet works on the fundamentals for our young dancers through nursey rhyme (s); much of them they already know!
121123 10 F 5/26 - 7/7 9 am - 9:30 am Cameron Park CSD Dance Room
(Ages 3 - 5)
Ballet is the foundation of all dances. Your child will learn proper ballet terms in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
121130 10 F 5/26 - 7/7 9 9:30 am - 10:15 am Cameron Park CSD Dance Room
(Ages 5 - 10)
120603 21 W 5/31 - 7/12 6:45 pm - 7:30 pm Cameron Park CSD Dance Room
Speaking Spanish with Kids
(Kindergarten - 8th grade)
This is your chance to learn basic spanish from an experienced language teacher through songs, dance, and games. You will learn conversational vocabulary and common phrases.
440540 04 W 5/31 - 7/19 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Cameron Park CSD Classroom A
Jon retired elementary school teacher, Sharon Caputo, in her Spanish Speaking class! Learn basic Spanish from an experienced teacher through songs, dances, and games! You will learn conversational vocabulary and cmmon phrases as well.
440510 05 (Intermediate) W 5/31 - 7/19 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm Cameron Park CSD Classroom A
440510 09 (Beginner) Th 6/1 - 7/20 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm Cameron Park CSD Classroom A
Tai Chi can help balance your internal energy for a healthy mind, body and spirit.
150201 17 Tu 6/6 - 6/27 9:00 am - 10:00 am Cameron Park CSD Dance Room
Cameron Park Library
Check out the exciting programs and events at the Cameron park Library!
- Fire & Emergency Services Meeting: Tuesday, June 6th at 5:30pm
- Budget & Administration Meeting: Tuesday, June 6th at 6:45pm
- CC&R Meeting: Monday, June 5th at 5:30pm
- Park & Recreation Meeting: Monday June 5th at 6:30pm
**All meetings are held in the Social Room at the Community Center.
- Board of Directors Meeting: Wednesday, June 21st at 6:30pm