The COVID-19 pandemic is a global health and societal emergency that requires effective
immediate action by governments, individuals and businesses. There is no higher priority to the
Cameron Park Community Services District than the health and safety of our community and
employees. We have been following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the
California Department of Public Health, and the El Dorado County Department of Public Health,
to protect public health and fight the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
We will continue to rely on the recommendations of our local health officials and their expertise
to make future decisions. Rest assured that we will continue to monitor the situation and keep
you informed as this situation evolves.
Facility, Event, and Program Impacts
The following Cameron Park CSD facilities, events and programs are closed until further
notice. Because the situation continues to evolve rapidly, we may reevaluate and decide to
modify these measures based on guidance from public health officials.
The following District facilities are closed to the public until further notice, including:
● Cameron Park Community Center
● District Office
● Community Center Pool
● Parks Office at Cameron Park Lake
● The Playground structures at Rasmussen, Christa McAuliffe, CP Lake and North View Park
- Most Park Amenities we re-opened to be used at your own risk, on May 9, 2020 – continue reading for additional information.
While our offices are not providing in-person services, we are pleased to serve you by phone
during our regular business hours (9a-4:30p, Monday through Friday) at 530.6277.2231 or via
email at CPCSD@cameronpark.org
Events Cancelled or Postponed:
● March 21: Family Sock Hop
● April 4: Waste Connections Spring Community Clean Up Day
● April 11: Easter Egg Hunt at Rasmussen Park
● April 25: Community Volunteer Day at the Lake
Programs Postponed or Cancelled:
● All recreation programs are postponed or cancelled until further notice
● All facility rentals, field rentals, picnic rentals, and pool rentals will be postponed or
cancelled until further notice
Participants in any programs that are cancelled or postponed will receive a credit on their
account for all classes that were already in progress should they resume once things begin to
re-open. All classes, programs, and rentals that had not started will be issued a credit or full
refunds. Please call us at 530.677.2231 for any questions.
Parks, District Open Space and Picnic Areas:
Effective May 9, 2020 most Park Amenities (including The Skate Park, Off Leash Dog Park, Disc Golf Course, Tennis Courts, and public restrooms) at all Districts parks are officially re-opened to the public. Playgrounds are still CLOSED as per CDC, state, and County guidelines. To read the full details of this update, please see the update labeled May 9, 2020 under the CPCSD COVID Communication tab below.
We encourage all residents to stay home and recreate in their own yards or neighborhoods. Should you decide to take advantage of open Park Amenities please adhere to the following guidelines:
● Wash hands before and after being outdoors, carry hand sanitizer, do not use the parks or District Open Space if you are sick. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
● Use the restroom at home before coming to the Parks; to reduce the use of our facilities.
● Always observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
● Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all
times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell, or horn.
● Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect Parks Department Staff.
● Adhere to the closures we have made to our amenities, in order to keep our residents healthy and safe.
Board & Committee Meetings:
During this time, we will be holding all of our meetings remotely. Please follow this link to read the full Teleconference Meeting Protocols and login information.
Get the Facts
For the latest updates, please consider these resources:
● El Dorado County Department of Public Health EDCCOVID-19
● California Department of Public Health
● Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
● CDC Resources in Languages Other than English
● World Health Organization