The COVID-19 pandemic is a global health and societal emergency that requires effective immediate action by governments, individuals and businesses. There is no higher priority to the Cameron Park Community Services District than the health and safety of our community and employees. We have been following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Department of Public Health, and the El Dorado County Department of Public Health, to protect public health and fight the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
We will continue to rely on the recommendations of our local health officials and their expertise to make future decisions. Rest assured that we will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed as this situation evolves.
Facility, Event, and Program Impacts
Update 10.20.20 - Our parks and most amenities within our parks remain open. Playgrounds at our parks have been impacted by the updated state guidelines. Staff is currently assessing how the District can meet those guidelines within our limited resources and with our aged playgrounds. At this time, playgrounds are currently closed - if a family chooses to use a playground, they are doing so at their own risk. We will update our signage and operations when we have determined we can meet the newly updated guidelines. We apologize that guidelines continue to change and staff are doing their best to stay apprised of these changes.
The following Cameron Park CSD facilities, events and programs are closed until further
notice. Because the situation continues to evolve rapidly, we may reevaluate and decide to modify these measures based on guidance from public health officials.
The District has guidelines to resume reservations for sports teams to use District gymnasium, pool and sports fields for practices and drills only, as organized sports are not permitted at this time, per State and County mandates. If you would like to make a field or gym reservation, please email email@example.com
The following District facilities are closed to the public until further notice, including:
● Cameron Park Community Center
● District Adminstrative Offices
● Parks Office at Cameron Park Lake
● The Playground structures at Rasmussen, Christa McAuliffe, CP Lake and North View Park
- Most Park Amenities we re-opened to be used at your own risk, on May 9, 2020 – please see updated info in bold at the top of this message.
While our offices are not providing in-person services, we are pleased to serve you by phone during our regular business hours (9a-4:30p, Monday-Thursday and every other Friday) at 530.677.2231 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs Postponed or Cancelled:
● All recreation programs are postponed or cancelled until further notice
● All facility rentals will be postponed or cancelled until further notice
Participants in any programs that were cancelled or postponed will receive a credit on their account for all classes that were already in progress should they resume once things begin to re-open.. All classes, programs, and rentals that had not started will be issued a credit or full refund. Please call us at 530.677.2231 with any questions.
Parks, District Open Space and Picnic Areas:
Effective May 9, 2020 most Park Amenities (including The Skate Park, Off Leash Dog Park, Disc Golf Course, Tennis Courts, and public restrooms) at all Districts parks are officially re-opened to the public. Playgrounds are still CLOSED as per CDC, state, and County guidelines. To read the full details of this update, please see the update labeled May 9, 2020 under the CPCSD COVID Communication tab below.
We encourage all residents to stay home and recreate in their own yards or neighborhoods. Should you decide to take advantage of open Park Amenities please adhere to the following guidelines:
● Wash hands before and after being outdoors, carry hand sanitizer, do not use the parks or District Open Space if you are sick. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
● Use the restroom at home before coming to the Parks; to reduce the use of our facilities.
● Always observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
● Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all
times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell, or horn.
● Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect Parks Department Staff.
● Adhere to the closures we have made to our amenities, in order to keep our residents healthy and safe.
Board & Committee Meetings:
During this time, we will be holding all of our meetings remotely. Please follow this link to read the full Teleconference Meeting Protocols and login information.
Get the Facts
For the latest updates, please consider these resources:
● El Dorado County Department of Public Health EDCCOVID-19
● California Department of Public Health
● Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
● CDC Resources in Languages Other than English
● World Health Organization