- Review proposals, negotiate contracts and oversee the general execution of the waste disposal service,
- Monitor compliance with the Service Ordinance
- Coordinate and manage community events such as Community Clean-Up Days and the Christmas Tree Chipping Program.
Our current Solid Waste services are provided through a Solid Waste Franchise Agreement with Waste Connections of California, Inc. dba El Dorado Disposal valid through Feb 2023. Please visit their website for specific service information at www.eldoradodisposal.com, or contact them by phone at (530) 626-4141.
The Cameron Park Community Services District also promotes continued recycling and source reduction within the district. Please refer to the Residential Service Guide for more information on recycling with El Dorado Disposal.
Green Waste in Cameron Park
- Biweekly curbside collection. If a resident frequently generates more waste than 1 green can will accommodate, a second can may be added to your service in most cases at no additional monthly cost.
- El Dorado Disposal will accept additional yard waste placed in paper compostable yard waste bags. The first 2 bags are free, a fee will apply for each additional bag. Contact EDD before your collection day to make arrangements.
- Twice a year EDD will accept unlimited yard waste bags curbside on a designated regular service day. These days typically occur in April/May and again September/October, and residents receive advance notice regarding designated days.
- The District sponsors 2 Community Cleanup Days each year. Residents may bring unlimited yard waste on designated days. Some restrictions apply. Additional days can be added at no additional charge; volunteers will need to be secured to assist.
- Residents are provided vouchers for additional waste disposal. These annual vouchers are good April through March. Vouchers may be used for up to 18 yard waste bags to be collected curbside or for a truckload delivered to the Disposal Facility.
- Yard waste may be brought to the MRF/Disposal Facility at 4100 Throwita Way in Placerville. Fees will apply.