The community of Cameron Park is located in the foothills of El Dorado County, on the west slope of the Sierra Nevada along U.S. Highway 50, about 30 miles east of Sacramento, California. The community is home to about 18,000 residents and covers an area of about 8.3 square miles. The Cameron Park Community Services District (CPCSD) administers fire and emergency services, parks, recreation, covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&R’s), lighting and landscaping, solid waste disposal and recycling.
It is the Mission of the Cameron Park Community Services District to preserve and enhance the quality of life and to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of our community.
Vision Statement for 2030
Cameron Park, located in the foothills on the western slope of the Sierra Nevada, above the fog and below the snowline, was the 1950s vision of Ruth and Larry Cameron, who purchased the 5,000 acre ranch.
Cameron Park is a community committed to sustainable growth, while providing access to local and regional education, recreation, healthcare and economic opportunities.
Preservation of our social, cultural and natural resources is the key element for development, planning and stewardship.
Future development decisions should contribute toward:
- A transportation design that unifies Cameron Park and its bike/pedestrian friendly urban transit opportunities;
- An interconnecting regional park and trail system which supports a healthy and mobile lifestyle;
- An architecturally cohesive walkable downtown that promotes economic vitality to the region;
- The sustainable integration of our environmentally sensitive natural resources; and
- The enhancement of a safe and secure community.
Our vision, in partnership with local officials and the vibrant citizenry, will secure Cameron Park’s place in El Dorado County as “A Special Place to Live.”